PCS is a place where families are involved! It is only because so many of our families participate so enthusiastically in our Service Block program that we are able to maintain our quality programs and facilities. Portland Christian Schools absolutely could not function without the dedicated and wholehearted service of our students' families. Thank you for taking this opportunity to join in the PCS tradition of family involvement and support - a tradition that has sustained PCS for over 70 years.
The PCS Service Block Program
Every PCS family participates in the Service Block program by:
- Performing volunteer service, or
- Paying a service block fee, or
- Purchasing needed goods for the school, or
- Any combination of the above
The service block requirement is thirty (30) volunteer hours per K-12 family per year.
- Each hour of service is credited at $16.50
Any family member, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, and even family friends, may volunteer.
Volunteer opportunities include chaperoning field trips, helping in the classroom, working at athletic events, coaching, working in the offices, serving on committees, building, painting, landscaping ... and more ... contact your school office or watch News & Notes for volunteer opportunities.
- For the welfare of our students, everyone working with children and youth at PCS, including volunteers, must pass a background check and complete our adult/youth contact training annually, as well as provide documentation of Covid vaccination status.
A Service Block Completion Report
must be signed by the Program Coordinator - the department/person who received your services or donated items - then returned to your campus office.