The PCS Service Block program is suspended for the 2020-2021 school year. We look forward to seeing all of our awesome volunteers back on our campuses as soon as government restrictions are lifted!
PCS is a place where families are involved! It is only because so many of our families participate so enthusiastically in our Service Block program that we are able to maintain our quality programs and facilities. Portland Christian Schools absolutely could not function without the dedicated and wholehearted service of our students' families. Thank you for taking this opportunity to join in the PCS tradition of family involvement and support - a tradition that has sustained PCS for 70 years.
The PCS Service Block Program
Every PCS family participates in the Service Block program by:
- Performing volunteer service, or
- Paying a service block fee, or
- Purchasing needed goods for the school, or
- Any combination of the above
The service block requirement is thirty (30) volunteer hours per K-12 family per year.
Any family member, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, and even family friends, may volunteer.
Volunteer opportunities include chaperoning field trips, helping in the classroom, working at athletic events, coaching, working in the offices, serving on committees, building, painting, landscaping ... and more ... contact your school office or watch News & Notes for volunteer opportunities.
- For the welfare of our students, everyone working with children and youth at PCS, including volunteers, must pass a background check and complete our adult/youth contact training annually.
Please submit Service Block Completion forms
to the business office to track your completed hours (reporting deadlines occur on three separate dates over the course of the year -- see the form for this year's dates).
Remember to have the form signed by the Program Coordinator - the department/person who received your services or donated items and then return forms to your campus office.
- For service projects that will be completed after the final reporting due date, please submit a Service Block Intention form to the business office prior to the due date.
Auction Guideline: We suggest that a minimum of ten percent (3 hours of service or $50 in donated goods) of the Service Block time is in support of the Annual Auction. To donate auction goods, or join the auction committee email the Auction Chair
Service Block Fee
Goods purchased must be from an approved list of needed items.
Purchasing goods may prove to be a less expensive financial option for you as the actual price of the goods, plus the time involved shopping for and delivering them, is calculated into the service block credit.
Please contact your campus office or the business office BEFORE purchasing any items.
- Please report your purchases using a Service Block Completion Form submitted to the business office prior to the reporting due dates listed on the form.