PCS is a place where families are involved! It is only because so many of our families participate so enthusiastically in our Service Block program that we are able to maintain our quality programs and facilities. Portland Christian Schools absolutely could not function without the dedicated and wholehearted service of our students' families. Thank you for taking this opportunity to join in the PCS tradition of family involvement and support - a tradition that has sustained PCS for 70 years.
The PCS Service Block Program
Every PCS family participates in the PCS Service Block program by:
- Performing volunteer service, or
- Paying a service block fee, or
- Purchasing needed goods for the school, or
- Any combination of the above
The service block requirement is thirty (30) volunteer hours per family per year.
Any family member, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, and even family friends, may volunteer
Volunteer opportunities include chaperoning field trips, helping in the classroom, working at athletic events, coaching, working in the offices, serving on committees, building, painting, landscaping ... and more ... contact your school office or watch News & Notes for volunteer opportunities
For the welfare of our students, everyone working with children and youth at PCS, including volunteers, must pass a background check and complete our adult/youth contact training annually
Watch the Adult/Youth Contact Training
Complete and sign the Agreement of Compliance for Adult/Youth Contact when you have completed the training and submit a hard copy to the school office at your campus
Please contact your campus office for the information required to complete your background check online, or submit a hard copy Background Disclosure and Authorization Form to your campus office
- Please submit Service Block Completion forms to the business office to track your completed hours (reporting deadlines occur on three separate dates over the course of the year -- see the form for this year's dates)
- For service projects that will be completed after the final reporting due date, please submit a Service Block Intention form to the business office prior to the due date